You can subscribe to an artist to keep up to date with their new music, videos and tours. Once you subscribe, any new videos that the artists publish will show up in your Subscriptions feed.
Subscribe to a music artist
You can subscribe to an artist just like any other creator on YouTube. Make sure that you are signed in to your account. As an example, you can follow these instructions:
- On a computer, sign in to your YouTube account.
- Go to a video from the artist you want to subscribe to.
- Under the video player, click Subscribe.
Artists with Official Artist Channels
An artist may have more than one channel on YouTube – for example, the channel they manage themselves, a partner-provided artist channel and a topic channel. However, some artists may have an Official Artist Channel , which creates a collection of music and videos from that artist across all of their different channels in one place.
If an artist has an Official Artist Channel and you've previously subscribed to their partner-provided or topic artist channel, you will be automatically subscribed to their comprehensive Official Artist Channel. Notifications will be sent from the artist's Official Artist Channel.
Your subscriptions to the artist's partner-provided and topic channels will be inactive and these channels will no longer be included in your list of subscribed channels. You can still find an artist's partner-provided artist channel through advanced search and through searches for the artist's name and partner-provider, however they will no longer include a subscribe button.
You can find an artist's Official Artist Channel when you search for them on YouTube or when watching an artists's official music video. As always, you can manage your subscriptions for any individual channel you subscribe to, including Official Artist Channels.
Notifications from music artists
Once you subscribe, you may also start getting notifications when a channel you subscribe to publishes new videos. By default, we'll only send you the highlights from the channel. Learn how to manage your notifications.
If an artist has an Official Artist Channel, you'll only see notifications from their official channel in your subscriptions feed.
The type of notification you'll get from the Official Artist Channel depends on the notification preferences you've had for other channels from the artist. Preferences from a topic channel do not affect your notification settings for the Official Artist Channel.
- If you've set bell notifications on the OAC, you'll get bell notifications regardless of your setting on other channels.
- If you've set highlights on the OAC, you'll get highlights regardless of your setting on other channels.
- If you have any other notification setting on the OAC and you have either bell notifications or no notifications set on the partner-provided channel, the OAC will inherit the notification settings from the partner-provided channel.