The YouTube app is available on many smart TVs and game consoles. You can sign in to the app, view your subscribed channels, search for content, and use your mobile device as a remote.
Note: While the YouTube app is available on lots of devices, the navigation described here is currently only available on select devices. It will be available on more devices soon.
Find your way around the app
Switch between accounts on your TV
In the YouTube app on your TV, you can sign in to multiple accounts and easily switch between these accounts. Members of your household can add their own accounts, and guests can sign in to a Guest account. Guest accounts allow you to use YouTube on your TV while signed out, and any actions you take won't affect your account’s recommendations.
Find videos to watch
You have several options for finding videos in the app:
- You can use Search in the left-side navigation.
From the Home tab
- Browse through the grid of recommended videos on your Home tab .
- Select the left-side navigation to open a secondary navigation bar. You can explore different tabs, like Recommended, Trending, or Music.
From the Subscriptions tab
- Browse through a grid of recommended videos from your subscribed channels.
- Scroll through your subscribed channels to see a channel's latest videos or playlists.
Save videos to playlists
You can add videos to playlists you’ve already created on other devices. Learn more about how to Create & manage playlists.
To save videos to a playlist:
- On the watch page, click More .
- Click Save .
- Select the playlist to which you’d like to save the video.
Access your Library
From the Library tab , you can find your History, My videos, Watch later, Purchases, and Playlists tabs.
Update your Settings
To access your account settings, select Settings in the left-side navigation. In Settings , you can change the sound, autoplay, contrast, Restricted mode, and link your TV to your mobile device.
Use a second device as your remote control
You can use your phone, tablet, or computer as a remote control. Learn how to link your device to use with the YouTube app on your TV.
Troubleshooting & feedback
Send feedback to YouTube
We're always looking to improve our products, and we appreciate your feedback. To submit feedback on the new product experience, go to https://www.youtube.com/tv_feedback from a phone, tablet, or laptop.