See unique viewers and their average views
You can use "Unique viewers" data to get a clearer picture of your audience size, or the estimated number of different people who came to watch your videos over a given time period. Whether they watch on a computer or mobile, or watch more than once, that person counts as one unique viewer. The data is provided as an estimate.
The data measures the total reach of a video by accounting for cases when people may watch content on different devices or when multiple people share the same device. The system includes data from all devices and includes both signed in and signed out traffic to estimate the number of viewers.
To ensure data quality, the total number of unique viewers is available for time periods of up to 90 days. You can compare different 90-day timeframes to see changes over time. Data for unique viewers is available from August 1, 2017.
De-duplicating repeat views
To calculate unique viewers, we use statistical models that account for user behavior to de-duplicate the audience across sessions, devices, and networks. For example, if the same viewer watches some videos from your channel over a few days, a unique viewer would be counted for every video they watched, but they would only count as one unique viewer for the channel.
See your Unique viewers data in YouTube Studio
- Sign in to YouTube Studio. If you haven't tried the beta, learn more.
- In the left menu, click Analytics.
- At the top, click the Reach or Audience tabs and you'll see a card for Unique viewers.
Use these tips on a computer to get the most out of your data:
- How many views correspond to a unique viewer on average from your channel (this can be different videos or the same video)
- How often a video is watched on average during the selected time period
- See how much, on average, a unique viewer has watched on your channel by looking at the “Average views per viewer” metric. This tells you how much each person is engaging with your content, on average.
- Compare your audience size to your subscriber base and identify videos that helped you tap into a wider audience beyond your subscribers.
- Identify cases where your video appealed to a new audience base by comparing your channel’s unique viewers before and after publishing the video.
- Use this info to guide your content strategy and show brands when negotiating brand integration or sponsorship deals.