YouTube Stories for creators
Create a story
- Sign in to YouTube on mobile.
- Tap the camera , then Story .
- If you don't see the Story option, your device is not compatible with Stories at this time.
- Tap the capture button to take a photo or hold it down to record a video.
- Add effects like music , filters , stickers and text . You can also trim your story or save it to your camera roll .
- Tap Post.
You can also select a video or image from your mobile device to add to your Story.
Mention another creator in your story
When editing your story, you can mention another creator with the mention sticker.
- Select stickers .
- Select the mention sticker.
- Search for the creator that you'd like to mention.
- Tap on their channel icon to select them.
Delete a video within a Story
- Tap the Story.
- Tap the player until you get to the video or photo that you'd like to delete.
- Tap Menu .
- Tap Delete.
Highlight viewer comments in a new story
You can highlight and respond to comments from viewers with a comment sticker in your next story.
- Go to your story by selecting your channel icon from the Subscriptions feed or from the Stories row on Home.
- Tap the Comments icon .
- Below the comment that you'd like to highlight in your next story, tap Reply in Story.
- Record a video or photo with the app.
- Tap Post.
You can adjust the position and size of the comment sticker in your Story after recording your response by pinching and dragging with two fingers.
Where do Stories appear?
How do I check views, comments and likes for my story?
You'll see the number of views, comments and likes on each of your own story posts at the bottom of the player, or the total number of views across all posts in a story via the Stories tab on your channel page. You can only see the number of views, comments and likes on an active story.
Note: Viewers can't see the number of views, comments or likes on your story.
Can I moderate comments on my Story?
How long do comments on Stories last?
Can I turn off notifications for views on my Stories?
By default, creators receive notifications about views of their Stories and subscribers resulting from their Stories. At this time it isn't possible to turn off notifications just for Stories. Story notifications are part of notifications for 'Activity on my videos or channel'.
To turn off notifications for activity on your videos and channel:
- Sign in to YouTube on a mobile device.
- Select your profile picture Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Toggle off 'Activity on my videos or channel'.
Where can I manage my Stories?
- Manage copyright claims and strikes on your Stories
- Download a story
- Delete a story