YouTube Stories for creators
Create a story
- Sign in to YouTube on mobile.
- Tap the camera , then Story .
- If you don't see the Story option, your device is not compatible with Stories at this time.
- Tap the capture button to take a photo, or hold it down to record a video.
- Add effects like music , filters , stickers , and text . You can also trim your story or save it to your camera roll .
- Tap Post.
You can also select a video or image from your mobile device to add to your story.
Add stickers to your story
When editing your story, you can add stickers to express yourself, link to a video, and more.
- From the top right, tap Stickers .
- Select a sticker to add it to your story.
- Video sticker: Tap the Video sticker Select a video. You can only share one of your own YouTube videos every 7 days. There is no limit on the number of video stickers for videos from other channels.
- Mention sticker: Tap the Mention sticker Search for a creator you’d like to mention Select their channel from the list.
- Location sticker: Tap the Location sticker Search for a place and select it from the list.
Reply to a comment on a story
You can highlight and respond to comments from viewers with a comment sticker in your next story.
- Go to your story by selecting your channel icon from the Subscriptions feed or from the Stories row on Home.
- Tap the Comments .
- Below the comment you’d like to highlight in your next story, tap Reply in Story.
- Record a video or photo with the app.
- Tap Post.
You can adjust the position and size of the comment sticker in your story after recording your response by pinching and dragging with two fingers.
Delete a video within a story
- Tap the story.
- Tap the player until you get to the video or photo you'd like to delete.
- Tap Menu .
- Tap Delete.
Where do Stories appear?
How do I check views, comments, and likes for my story?
You'll see the number of views, comments, and likes on each of your own story posts at the bottom of the player, or the total number of views across all posts in a story via the Stories tab on your channel page. You can only see the number of views, comments, and likes on an active story.
Note: Viewers can’t see the number of views, comments, or likes on your story.
Can I moderate comments on my story?
How long do comments on Stories last?
Can I turn off notifications for views on my Stories?
By default, creators receive notifications about views of their Stories and subscribers resulting from their Stories. At this time it isn’t possible to turn off notifications just for Stories. Story notifications are part of notifications for “Activity on my videos or channel”.
To turn off notifications for activity on your videos and channel:
- Sign in to YouTube on a mobile device.
- Select your profile picture Settings.
- Select Notifications.
- Toggle off “Activity on my videos or channel”.
Where can I manage my Stories?
- Manage copyright claims and strikes on your Stories
- Download a story
- Delete a story