YouTube Stories for creators
Create a story
- Sign in to YouTube and tap the camera .
- Tap Story .
- To record, hold the capture button .
- To take a photo, tap the capture button .
- You can also select a video or image from your mobile device to add to your story.
Edit a story
If you'd like to edit the video, you can:
- Save to your camera roll
- Add music
- Add filters
- Add text
- Add stickers
Delete a video within a story
- Tap the story.
- Tap the player until you get to the video or photo you'd like to delete.
- Tap the three-dot Menu .
- Tap Delete.
Stories appear on the Stories tab of your channel page and may show on the Subscriptions feed to subscribers. In addition, all viewers may see your Stories on the homepage and on some watch pages.
If a viewer who isn’t subscribed to your channel is watching your story, they can subscribe to your channel directly from the story.
You can view your own story by tapping your avatar on the top row of your Subscriptions feed, or by visiting the Stories tab on your channel page.
You'll see the number of views and comments on each post at the bottom of the player, or the total number of views across all posts in a story via the Stories tab on your channel page. You can only see the number of views and comments on an active story.
Respond to comments on a story
You can highlight and respond to comments from viewers in your story. To reply in a story:
- Go to your story by selecting your avatar from the Subscriptions feed or on the Stories tab on your channel page.
- Tap the Comments icon .
- Below the comment you’d like to highlight in your next story, tap “Reply in Story.”
- Record a video or photo with the app.
- Tap “Post.”
You can adjust the position and size of the comment sticker in your story after recording your response by pinching and/or dragging with two fingers.
Moderate Comments on a story
You can moderate comments directly in the story or in YouTube Studio. Comment moderation settings will apply to both video uploads and stories. Learn more about comment moderation here.
Comments on a story will expire with the story after 7 days. However, you’ll be able to see comments on a story for 30 days in YouTube Studio.