YouTube Studio is the new home for creators. You can manage your presence, grow your channel, interact with your audience, and make money all in one place. Learn how to perform common creator tasks in YouTube Studio.
Open YouTube Studio
Go directly to YouTube Studio or follow these steps to get to YouTube Studio:
- Sign in to your channel.
- In the top right, select your profile picture .
- Select YouTube Studio.
Note: You might be asked to re-authenticate when logging in.
Use the top of the screen in YouTube Studio to:
- Search your videos and go directly to a video detail page
- Upload a new video or go live
- Get help
- Visit your channel, return to YouTube, switch accounts, or sign out
Manage your channel
Use the left menu to manage your videos and channel.
- Dashboard: Get a high-level overview of recent activity on your channel, along with what's new on YouTube.
- Videos: Find an overview of your videos and livestreams.
- Playlists: Create and manage your playlists.
- Analytics: Monitor the performance of your channel and videos with metrics and reports.
- Comments: View and reply to comments on your videos.
- Subtitles: Add subtitles to videos or crowdsource them from your community.
- Monetization: (If eligible) Update merchandise and memberships settings.
- Audio library: Get free music and sound effects to use in your videos.
Manage your videos
In YouTube Studio, you’ll see different tabs in the left menu depending on whether you’re viewing your entire channel, or a specific video. To manage a specific video, visit the Videos page and click on the video's thumbnail. You can also use the search bar to find a video.
- Details: Make changes to your video’s title, description, and settings.
- Analytics: See metrics only available at the video level, like audience retention.
- Editor: Trim your videos and add end screens.
- Comments: View and reply to comments on that video.
- Subtitles: Add translated titles and descriptions to your videos.
Switch between the video and channel levels
Some tools, like the video editor, only appear when you’ve selected a specific video. To see more options, try switching between the channel and video levels.
To view options at the video level, click on a video's title or thumbnail. To return to the channel level, select the back arrow in the top-left corner of YouTube Studio.
Quickly open your channel or video
Search for your videos
Hover over items to see more options
Play , analytics , comments , and menu icons will occasionally show when hovering over certain information in YouTube Studio.
- Play icons allow you to quickly view your video on YouTube.
- Analytics icons let you jump to a particular video’s analytics.
- Comments icons take you to your video’s comments.
- Menu icons reveal a number of actions you can take.
Get the latest updates
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- In the left menu, select Send feedback.
- Type in your feedback and select Send.
Watch how to navigate YouTube Studio
Check out the following video from the YouTube Creators channel on how to navigate YouTube Studio.