Send YouTube debug information
If you let YouTube know that you're having problems playing videos, we may ask for your debug information or "Stats for nerds." This information helps us troubleshoot your issue. Debug information and "Stats for nerds" don't contain any personally identifiable information, but they do reveal some details about your device and the video you were watching. Some of the details include and are not limited to:
- Device (manufacturer, model, and OS version)
- Video ID (link to the video being played)
- CPN (a mostly-unique random identifier for the current playback)
- Bandwidth details
YouTube on TV
Stats for Nerds
- When a video is playing, click More .
- In the menu that appears, toggle on Stats for nerds .
- Go back to the video to see that Stats for nerds displayed on the player.
- Take a clear photo of the Stats for nerds to share them.
To turn off Stats for nerds, go back to More to toggle it off.
The Stats for nerds feature is also supported while casting. Turn on Stats for nerds on your mobile device (the instructions are below) and they'll appear onscreen in the cast session.
Follow the instructions below for the YouTube app or mobile site.
Stats for nerds
- Tap the account icon .
- Go to Settings, then toggle "Stats for Nerds."
- Go to a video and play it, then tap More .
- Select Stats for Nerds.
- Stats for nerds will be displayed on top of the video while the video is playing. Take a screenshot of the "Stats for nerds" to share them.
If you don't enable Stats for nerds in Settings, you won't be able to see them when you tap More .
Note: To get debug information, Stats for nerds must be enabled.
- Go to "Stats for nerds."
- To copy the information, tap the bug icon .
- To share the debug information, you can now paste from your device.
- Tap and hold the player.
- From the menu that appears select Stats for nerds.
- Take a screenshot of the Stats for nerds to share them.