I see ads on YouTube videos
Common troubleshooting steps
Check YouTube Premium availability in your location
Check that your membership hasn't expired
Check that you're signed in to YouTube Premium
- Try signing out and signing back in to the account associated with YouTube Premium.
- Check that you see the YouTube Premium logo (instead of the YouTube logo) in YouTube.
- Note that if you're watching a YouTube video in another app, you may see ads. This is because some apps display YouTube videos in a lightweight web browser rather than in the YouTube app. To avoid seeing ads, sign in to the YouTube account associated with your YouTube Premium membership in the lightweight web browser.
- Make sure that you're signed in on your TV to the Google Account associated with your YouTube Premium membership.
- If you're casting to your TV, make sure that you're signed in to the correct account on both the TV and the computer or mobile device that you're using to cast.
- If you're using Google Home, make sure that you're signed in to the correct account in the Google Home app.
Check if you've blocked YouTube cookies
If you're watching a YouTube video embedded on a website, make sure that you aren't blocking YouTube cookies.
To do this:
- On a computer, open Google Chrome.
- In the top-right, select Menu > Settings.
- At the bottom, select Show advanced settings.
- In the 'Privacy' section, select Content settings.
- Select Manage exceptions.
- Create an exception for '[*.]youtube.com'.
- To the right, select Close.
Additional troubleshooting steps to try
Check if you're seeing info cards or annotations
Sometimes you may see an info card or annotation in a video which might look like an ad. YouTube creators can include these cards in their videos, but they are not ads – learn more about cards and annotations on YouTube. Your YouTube Premium membership won't hide cards or annotations. However, if you're using YouTube on a computer, you may be able to disable them within your settings in YouTube (select your profile photo > Settings > Playback).
Contact support and submit product feedback
- The type of ad you saw (video ad before your video started, banner/text ad at the bottom of the video, video ad in the middle of a video, ad on homepage or browser page).
- Where you saw the ad (youtube.com, YouTube mobile app, or a TV or game console).
- Include a link to the video.
- Let us know approximately when you saw the ad.
- You can also submit feedback about your issue. You won't get a response, but your feedback will be shared with YouTube.
- To do this, select your profile photo > Feedback in YouTube.
- Make sure that you tick the box for 'System logs'. This helps us better understand your issue.