Common troubleshooting steps
Check YouTube Premium availability in your location
Check that your membership hasn't expired
Try signing into YouTube Premium again
- Try signing out and signing back in to the account associated with YouTube Premium.
- Check that you see the YouTube Premium logo (instead of the YouTube logo) in YouTube.
- Note that if you're watching a YouTube video in another app, you may see ads. Some apps display YouTube videos in a lightweight web browser rather than in the YouTube app. To avoid seeing ads, sign in to the account associated with your YouTube Premium membership in the lightweight web browser.
- Make sure you're signed in on your TV to the account associated with your YouTube Premium membership.
- If you're casting to TV, make sure you're signed in on both the TV and the computer or device you're using.
- If you're using Google Home, make sure you're signed in to the correct account in the Google Home app.
Check if you've blocked YouTube cookies
If you're watching a YouTube video embedded on a website, make sure you're not blocking YouTube cookies.
To unblock YouTube cookies:
- On a computer, open Google Chrome.
- At the top right, select Menu > Settings.
- Under the "Privacy and security" section, select Site Settings.
- Under "Permissions", select Cookies and site data.
- Create an exception for "[*.]youtube.com."
- To the right, select Close.
More troubleshooting steps to try
Check if you're seeing info cards or annotations
Sometimes you may see an info card or annotation in a video, which might look like an ad. YouTube creators can include these cards in their videos, but they are not ads—learn more about cards and annotations on YouTube. Your YouTube Premium membership won't hide cards or annotations. However, if you're using YouTube on a computer, you may be able to disable them within your settings in YouTube (select your profile photo > Settings > Playback).
Get in touch with support & submit product feedback
- The type of ad you saw (video ad before your video started, banner/text ad at the bottom of the video, video ad in the middle of a video, ad on homepage or browser page).
- Where you saw the ad (youtube.com, YouTube mobile app, or a TV or game console).
- Include a link to the video.
- Let us know approximately when you saw the ad.
- You can also submit feedback about your issue. You won't get a response, but your feedback will be shared with YouTube.
- To do this, select your profile photo > Feedback in YouTube.
- Make sure to check the box for "System logs." This helps us better understand your issue.