Troubleshoot YouTube Red member benefits
If you're a YouTube Red member having problems with your membership benefits, check out these common issues and troubleshooting steps. You'll find details on how to fix video download issues, why you might be seeing ads, what to do if you're getting an error (like, "Playback paused") and more.
- If you're experiencing any of the issues below, consider submitting feedback to alert YouTube that something isn't working. To do this, select your profile photo > Feedback within YouTube.
- You can also contact support for additional help.
Select your issue to get help
- I can't download videos: Find tips for downloading videos on your mobile device.
- I can't watch the video I downloaded: Troubleshoot why downloaded videos aren't playing offline.
- I see ads on YouTube videos: Learn why you might see ads, and how to potentially fix this.
- Background play isn't working: Get tips for fixing issues with background play.
- I'm getting an error message: Find out why you might be getting an error message.