360º Heatmap report
Use the Heatmap report to see exactly what does or doesn't catch your viewers' attention in your 360º videos. Then you can use the data to create more engaging VR content.
Heatmaps show where users have looked during playback. As you view your 360º video, the heatmap is overlaid over the original video as a highlight. You can see where viewers are looking on every frame of the video.
Heatmap reports are currently available in YouTube Analytics on your computer for public 360º videos with at least 1,000 views on supported devices. Supported devices include:
- Android app
- iOS app
- Google Daydream
The Heatmap report is generated daily. Note: There can be a 2-3 day delay between when the video is viewed and the report is available.
- On your computer, sign into your Google account.
- In the top right, click your account icon > Creator Studio.
- On the left under "Video Manager," click Analytics.
- Select 360º Heatmaps.
- Choose the video you want to view data for.
- Choose your platform: You can choose to see data for all platforms or select from available platforms, such as only desktop, mobile or headsets. You'll see options for platforms on reports for videos that have gotten at least 1,000 views.