22:40 UTC 26 MAY 2017
Since early April, you may be experiencing an issue in which third party extensions subscribe you to channels without your permission. These are not official extensions from the Chrome Store and this behavior violates Chrome Web Store Terms of Service.
You may be experiencing this issue if:
- You see notifications for videos and channels that you don’t remember subscribing to.
- You see notifications for videos and channels that you have unsubscribed from.
Please be aware when downloading apps or extensions from outside the Chrome Web Store. If you believe that a violative app came from the Chrome Web Store, report it to Chrome.
Install and manage extensions
Only add extensions from the Chrome Store or sites you are familiar with.
- Before you install an extension, check which Chrome settings the extension changes.
- Check chrome://extensions to disable or remove extensions that you don't recognize.
- If you think you have malware, remove it.
- If you find something in the Chrome Web Store that violates the Chrome Web Store Terms of Service, report it.
Learn more about managing extensions.