The YouTube Flash app on older TV device models will no longer be available starting June 26th 2017. If your TV model is from 2012 or earlier, you likely have this older version of the YouTube app.
In 2012, YouTube and our device partners started distributing an HTML5 version of the YouTube app for TVs. This app has many new features and other improvements that aren't available on the older Flash app. It's the right time to drop the Flash app if it can't update with the latest features.
Here are a few of the features in the current YouTube on TV app:
- Topic tabs and improved search
- Watch next and recommendations
- Better transport controls
How to continue watching YouTube
If you have an older device is impacted by this launch, you can continue watching YouTube using the following methods:
Continue using your existing TV
Upgrade to a newer Smart TV or Game Console
- Most Smart TVs from 2013 and onward have the latest version of the YouTube app for TV.
- YouTube is also available to these game consoles:
- Playstation 3 & 4
- XBox 360 and XBox One
- Wii U
Check our featured list of devices that can be used to watch YouTube.