Channel released by an MCN
Joining the YouTube Partner Programme (YPP) is a requirement for all affiliate channels in multi-channel networks (MCNs). Channels that are in an MCN and below the YPP threshold will be released from the MCN.
When an MCN releases a channel from their network, it can cause monetisation status to change. Follow the instructions if this article if you're released from an MCN.
Check your monetisation status
When you're released, it's important to check whether your channel is enabled for monetisation. You may be automatically linked to your previous content owner and automatically approved for the YouTube Partner Programme.
If your channel is not enabled for monetisation, take the following steps:
- Apply to join the YouTube Partner Programme (YPP) even if your channel was previously in YPP. Your channel will be reviewed to join once it meets the programme eligibility threshold.
- Link your channel to an active AdSense account and make sure you set up a form of payment. You need an AdSense account to get paid.
- Make sure that ads are on for the videos that you want to monetise.
- Confirm your upload defaults so that every upload is automatically monetised according to your settings.
Download historical revenue data
If you haven't been released by an MCN yet, you can download your reports from YouTube Analytics. Once you've been released from your MCN, you will no longer see the revenue that you earned while you were in the MCN. Other historical information such as views and engagement metrics will still be visible in YouTube Analytics after your channel has been released.
Remember that there are many resources that are available to you.
- You can get help from the YouTube Creator Support team as long as you're in the YouTube Partner Programme.
- If you're eligible, you can sign up for the channel consultation programme and work with the YouTube Partnerships team.
- Every YouTube Creator is eligible for the YouTube for Creators Programme. This gives you access to resources like workshops, meet-ups, channel consultations, production access to the YouTube Spaces and more, depending on your benefit level.
- You can use the Creator Academy to build your audience and optimise your YouTube channel for success