Channel released by an MCN
Before you leave your MCN, you can:
- Download your revenue reports. You won't be able to access them once your channel is released from your MCN.
- Make sure that you have an active AdSense account. You'll need an AdSense account to get paid, and we'll ask for your AdSense information when you apply for the YouTube Partner Programme. Making sure that you have one ready will make your YPP application process smoother.
If you haven't been released by an MCN yet, you can download your reports from YouTube Analytics. Once you've been released from your MCN, you will no longer see the revenue that you earned while you were in the MCN. Other historical information such as views and engagement metrics will still be visible in YouTube Analytics after your channel has been released.
When you're released, it's important to check whether your channel is enabled for monetisation. You may be automatically linked to your previous content owner and automatically approved for the YouTube Partner Programme.
If your channel is not enabled for monetisation, take the following steps:
- Apply to join the YouTube Partner Programme (YPP) even if your channel was previously in YPP. Your channel will be reviewed to join once it meets the programme eligibility threshold.
- Link your channel to an active AdSense account and make sure that you set up a form of payment. You need an AdSense account to get paid.
- Make sure that ads are on for the videos that you want to monetise.
- Confirm your upload defaults so that every upload is automatically monetised according to your settings.
Remember that there are many resources that are available to you.
- You can get help from the YouTube Creator Support team as long as you're in the YouTube Partner Programme.
- If you're eligible, you can sign up for the channel consultation programme and work with the YouTube Partnerships team.
- Every YouTube Creator is eligible for the YouTube for Creators Programme. This gives you access to resources like workshops, meet-ups, channel consultations, production access to the YouTube Spaces and more, depending on your benefit level.
- You can use the Creator Academy to build your audience and optimise your YouTube channel for success