You can add translations for your channel, playlists and sections. This helps make your videos more accessible to fans outside of your home country so you can build a global audience.
Also, when you update your channel name, it will not be shown in all languages unless you add it to the translation for each language. You can turn off channel translations if you want to be able to edit your channel in any language or update your channel name in all languages at once.
Translate channel & sectionsIn your Google Account
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Select your profile picture Your Channel.
- Select Customize channel, then, next to your channel name, click Settings Translating channel info.
- Click the box under Original language to set the channel’s language.
- Under Translate into, select or add the language you want to add your translated channel name to.
- Enter the translated channel name and click Save.
- At the bottom of the screen, you can set the translated titles for your Sections.
To access the API instructions, go to the Google Developers site and use the relevant localized properties.
Note: If you don't have access to this site, contact support to be added.
- Make sure you're signed in, and go to your playlists.
- Next to a playlist, click Edit.
- Next to your name, click Edit.
- From the top right, click More Translate Playlist Info.
- To set the playlist’s language, click the box under "Original language."
- Under "Translate into," select or add the language you want to add your translated title and description in.
- Enter the translated title and description, then click Save.