YouTube Partner program overview
The YouTube Partner Program lets creators monetize content on YouTube in many ways, including advertisements, paid subscriptions, and merchandise. Other benefits of the Partner Program include:
- Expand your earning potential: YouTube is the largest online video community in the world, enabling you to reach a global audience with your monetized content.
- Gain flexibility through a non-exclusive agreement: YouTube doesn't restrict where partners can upload and distribute content, so you can monetize your content on YouTube and other platforms.
- Track and manage your performance: Use YouTube Analytics to get reports to help you track your YouTube performance and earnings and gain insights that can help you improve.
How to join the YouTube Partner Program
You can sign up for the YouTube Partner Program in more than 60 countries. Before getting started, make sure that you meet the criteria for YouTube partnership by clicking below. If you meet these criteria, follow the steps to become a partner.
Criteria for YouTube partnership
Your YouTube channel may be eligible for the YouTube Partner Program if it meets the following criteria:
- The program has launched in your country. Users in some countries may still need to apply through an application form. If the program isn't available in your country, you'll see a notification in your monetization settings.
- You upload original, quality content that is advertiser-friendly.
- Your video content complies with our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.
- You've reviewed our copyright education materials. Get a quick video overview of copyright basics.
Note: You may not be able to monetize videos that use any of the following without the explicit permission of the person who created or produced all material:
- Songs or pieces of music that aren't eligible for revenue sharing
- Music (including cover songs, lyrics, and background music)
- Graphics and pictures (including photographs and artwork)
- Movie or TV visuals
- Video game or software visuals. Learn more about monetizing this type of content.
- Live performances (including concerts, sporting events, and shows)