You can choose to make the channels that you're subscribed to private or public. By default, all settings are set to private.
- Private: When your subscriptions are set to private, no other users can see what channels you subscribe to. Your account is not shown in a channel's Subscribers List, even if you're subscribed.
- Public: When your subscriptions are set to public, other users can see what channels you subscribe to. Your subscriptions are listed on your channel homepage. Your account is listed in the Subscribers list for any channel that you subscribe to.
Make your channel subscriptions public or private
- Sign in to YouTube.
- In the top right-hand corner, click your profile picture .
- Click Settings .
- In the left-hand Menu, select Privacy.
- Turn on or off Keep all my subscriptions private.
Hide your subscriber count
If you hide your subscriber count, it won't be publicly visible to others on YouTube. You can still see your subscriber count from YouTube Studio.
- Sign in to your Google Account.
- Go to YouTube Studio.
- Click Settings Channel Advanced settings.
- Under 'Subscriber count', untick 'Display the number of people subscribed to my channel'.
- Click Save