New creators and artists emerge on YouTube every day. We want to share some of those creators and artists with the world to celebrate the diversity and vibrancy of YouTube and help creators and artists find their fans.
YouTube highlights emerging creators and artists on Trending:
- Artist on the Rise: Showcases a new music video from an emerging music artist
- Creator on the Rise: Highlights an emerging YouTube channel (non-music)
- Gaming Creator on the Rise: Highlighting emerging Gaming creators on computer and mobile devices
Trending shows the selected artists and creators for 24 hours. During that time, they also get a blue "Artist on the Rise" or "Creator on the Rise" badge that shows with their channel name on Trending. Learn more about Trending.
Supported countries & regions
- Artist on the Rise: United States (3 per week)
- Creator on the Rise: Canada, France, United States (3 per week); Australia, Germany, Great Britain, Indonesia, Latin America, Philippines, South Korea, Vietnam (2 per week); Brazil, India, Japan, Mexico, Spain, Middle East, and North Africa (1 per week)
- Gaming Creator on the Rise: United States, Japan (1 per week)
Creator on the Rise and Artist on the Rise highlight up-and-coming creators and artists on YouTube. There's no application process. All emerging artists from any geographical location and all creators with over 1,000 subscribers from any geographical location are automatically eligible in the United States. Local creators and artists are eligible in other countries/regions.
We consider various factors to identify emerging talent. View count, watch time growth, and how frequently videos are uploaded are some of the factors we look at. YouTube’s systems and teams review selections based on these metrics.
If you're selected as a Creator on the Rise, you'll get an email and mobile notification from YouTube on that day. Where possible, we'll also tweet from our local creator Twitter handle to celebrate your selection. If you have a Twitter handle, you'll be mentioned in the tweet.
If you’re selected, you might get more visitors than usual to your channel. You may want to review your channel settings—especially how to moderate comments on your videos.
Not seeing Creator on the Rise or Artist on the Rise on Trending?
Some reasons you might not see a Creator on the Rise or Artist on the Rise in Trending:
- YouTube highlights emerging creators and artists on Trending up to 7 times per week in the United States. In other countries/regions, Trending is updated once or twice per week for 24 hours each. You might be visiting Trending during a gap in highlighted creators/artists, so check back later.
- If you're not in a supported country/region, you won't see any Creators or Artists on the Rise. You can change your location setting, but be aware that doing so will affect your overall YouTube experience, not just Trending.