Increase your video length limit
By default, you can upload videos that are up to 15 minutes long. Verified accounts can upload videos longer than 15 minutes.
To verify your Google Account:
- Open the YouTube mobile app.
- Tap the camera to upload a video.
- In the top right corner, tap Next.
- Follow the steps to verify your Google Account. You can choose to get a verification code through a text message on a mobile device or an automated voice call.
Maximum upload size
The maximum file size you can upload is 128GB or 12 hours, whichever is less. We've changed the limits on uploads in the past, so you may see older videos that are longer than 12 hours.
Troubleshoot common issues
I verified my account but my video still won’t play.
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- Select CREATE and upload your video again.
To check if you’ve already verified your Google Account, go to your Account Features page. If you’ve verified your account, you’ll see “Verified” beneath your channel name. You’ll also see “Enabled” in the Longer videos box.
If you could previously upload long videos and no longer can, check your account for copyright claims and strikes.
If your video is larger than 128 GB, try compressing your video in a video editing software before uploading it to YouTube. Compressing will reduce your video file size while maintaining the video quality. One common way to compress a video for YouTube is to encode it using the H.264 codec.