- YouTube - PADPIDA2013020802I
- YouTube_ContentID - PADPIDA2015120100H
DDEX has published a set of Release Profiles to streamline different use cases of the ERN feed. YouTube supports three profiles:
- Single Resource Release profile - This profile is used to deliver Sound Recording ownership and Content ID rights on a per-track basis. YouTube does not use any album-level metadata from this feed.
- Audio Album profile - The Audio Album profile is used to deliver releases, with full track- and release metadata. This is the only profile that can be used to deliver albums for YouTube Premium. In addition, this feed can also contain Sound Recording ownership and Content ID rights.
- Video Single - This profile can be used to upload Music Videos with optional Content ID rights. YouTube does not use any album-level metadata from this feed.
Single Resource Release vs. Audio Album
Partners with larger catalogs usually prefer to deliver their content using both profiles. For example, if a release has 10 tracks:
- 1 x Audio Album feed for YouTube Premium containing all the tracks and the album metadata.
- 10 x Single Resource Release feeds with the Content ID rights for individual tracks.
Even though this approach adds initial overhead, it reduces complexity in the case where tracks are shared across various albums and the Content ID rights are not tied to any one of the albums. Partners with smaller catalogs, where tracks appear on only one album, might opt to combine the feeds and deliver a single Audio Album feed.
The supported use cases and required MessageRecipients for each profile are summarized in this table:
|Audio Album profile||Single Resource Release Profile|
|YouTube Premium only||Yes (MessageRecipient: YouTube)||No|
|Content ID only||Yes (MessageRecipient: YouTube_ContentID)||Yes|
|YouTube Premium and Content ID||Yes (MessageRecipients: YouTube and YouTube_ContentID)||No|
You can download sample feeds for each of the use cases from the DDEX Reference Resources page.