YouTube Heroes Programme Rules
Thank you for your interest in the YouTube Heroes Programme (the "Programme"). By signing up to join the Programme, you ("you", a "participant" or a "YouTube Hero") agree to be bound by (1) the YouTube Terms of Service (including the YouTube Community Guidelines), (2) the YouTube Community Rules and (3) the additional rules set forth below (together the "Rules"). You must comply with the Rules at all times when accessing, using or participating in the Programme. Before you access, use or participate in the Programme, please read the documents comprising the Rules carefully and make sure that you understand them. If you disagree with any aspect of the Rules, you do not have our permission to, and you must not, access, use, or participate in any aspect of the Programme.
In order to join the Programme as a YouTube Hero, you must:
- Have a valid and active YouTube account with a valid YouTube channel (your YouTube account and associated YouTube channel must not be pending, suspended or inactive at the time of enrolment)
- Be at least of the minimum age to access and use YouTube in your jurisdiction as stated in the YouTube Terms of Service, unless stated otherwise in additional terms applicable for a given Community
- Agree to and comply with the Agreement at all times
- Have signed up to participate in the Programme here
Organisations, brands and businesses are not eligible for the Programme. If you offer service(s) for hire (such as marketing yourself as a YouTube captions provider), you agree to not solicit, for commercial purposes, any participants of the Programme or market or promote your service(s), including to participants of the Programme or on any YouTube forums, communities or events.
Participation in the Programme by some participants may be restricted (e.g., no or limited perks), including persons who are government officials, including (i) government employees; (ii) candidates for public office; and (iii) employees of government-owned or government-controlled companies, public international organisations and political parties.
B. POINTS ACCRUAL.
- Each YouTube Hero who is in compliance with these Rules will be able to earn points for every qualifying contribution to YouTube (such as accurately flagging inappropriate content) which is verifiable and organic, and not gamed, improperly received or otherwise in violation of these Rules, including the YouTube Community Guidelines (each a "Qualifying Contribution"). We will determine each Qualifying Contribution.
- Points you accrue can unlock certain perks. Learn more about current perks and the number of points required to unlock them here. Our point system and perks are subject to change at any time.
- Any abuse of the point system or the Programme, or other violative behaviour, may reduce the points accrued in your programme account and/or restrict or prohibit any aspect of your participation in the Programme.
C. GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT PERKS.
- All perks are subject to availability. Certain perks are available only during the time periods described in the programme communications (including the Programme website).
- Perks you have accepted, used or redeemed are not refundable, exchangeable, replaceable, redeemable or transferable for cash, credit, other rewards or points under any circumstances.
- By accepting, using or redeeming perks, you release YouTube LLC and Google Inc., and their subsidiaries, affiliates and suppliers, from any and all liability regarding the acceptance, redemption or use of perks, or other participation in the Programme.
- Google and YouTube are not responsible for replacing lost, stolen or mutilated perks, or re-inviting you to any event (if the perk was an invitation to an event) that you may have missed.
- We reserve the right to modify or cancel any perks at any time.
D. APPROPRIATE CONDUCT AND PARTICIPATION.
- You must comply with these Rules at all times. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using Google products or services, you will not:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (including the rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unlawful, inappropriate, defamatory or obscene content or message;
- impersonate another person or entity;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses or any items of a destructive nature; or
- submit fake, falsified, misleading or inappropriate contributions.
- If you are invited to any events in connection with your participation in the Programme (each an "Event"), you agree to comply with any Event rules or regulations, as well as applicable law, while attending an Event.
- You must abide by Google's Anti-Harassment policy both as part of the Programme and at Events. You will be held accountable for your own actions as well as the actions of any guests you invite to Events (if guests are permitted). You may be removed from any Event and the Programme based on your actions or behaviour as well as those of your guests.
- Your participation in the Programme will be associated with only one (1) YouTube account. Your contributions to YouTube must originate from a single YouTube account to earn points and count towards perks. Points and perks cannot be transferred between YouTube accounts and/or Google accounts.
- Your contribution to YouTube is voluntary and your participation in the Programme is voluntary. You must not at any time represent yourself in any way as a YouTube or Google employee or a representative of YouTube or Google, or any of their products or services. YouTube and Google are not, in any way, responsible or liable for your contribution to YouTube including for any errors, omissions, or for any loss or damage arising from your contribution.
- We do not endorse or sponsor any meetings between YouTube Heroes. As such, if you do organise or arrange to meet independently with other YouTube Heroes, you agree and acknowledge that YouTube and Google are not responsible for organising, financing, supporting or otherwise facilitating your meetings. YouTube may, at its discretion, allow you to post details of a meeting on YouTube products or services, but such events must be clearly and prominently marked as not sponsored or endorsed by YouTube. YouTube is not, in any way, responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from or suffered at any such meetings.
- YouTube may suspend or terminate your participation from the Programme at any time, at its sole discretion.
E. CHANGES TO THE PROGRAMME.
We reserve the right to make changes the Programme, including changes to these Rules and Programme eligibility, at any time. This means, for example, that we may change the point system or the metrics required to redeem rewards, impose caps on earning points and redeeming perks, and/or change or cancel perks. In addition, we reserve the right to terminate the Programme with one month's prior notice. During the one-month notice period, we may change or cancel some or all of the then-current perks. YouTube and Google are not responsible for terminating the Programme including for changing or cancelling perks.
F. LEAVING THE PROGRAMME.
- If for any reason we cancel your access to the Programme, including because of a policy violation, strike out or at your request, any points accrued in your programme account will be forfeited.
- If you cancel enrolment in the Programme or delete the YouTube account or Google account that is enrolled in the Programme, all points accrued in the programme account will be deleted and any unlocked perk that is not yet redeemed, used or accepted will be forfeited.
- If any of your YouTube account or Google account is not in good standing, your enrolment in the Programme may be cancelled or the points accrued in your programme account forfeited.
- You are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations (including US export control or trade laws), and all YouTube policies including these Rules. In addition, you are responsible for complying with all applicable tax laws and filing requirements in connection with the Programme including for any perks if required. Do not access or use the Programme in a manner that violates such laws, rules and regulations, or any YouTube policies or in a manner that is deceptive, unethical, false or misleading.
- Fraud, abuse or other violative behaviour relating to the accrual of points or perks may result in forfeiture of accrued points and unlocked perks as well as cancellation of your programme account, termination of your participation in the Programme and termination of any YouTube account or Google account.
- From time to time, we may elect to promote your membership in the Programme
- You understand that we do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any contribution and content you submit or share in connection with the Programme.
- Do not direct, encourage or allow any third party, site, bot or any other non-human participant-initiated mechanisms for the accrual of points.
- If you're part of a network and you or your network is suspended or terminated by YouTube, your opportunity to earn points, unlock perks or use unlocked perks will also be suspended or terminated.
- We reserve the right to discontinue any aspect of the Programme at any time, including terminating the Programme.
- All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Programme, eligibility of points for accrual, unlocking perks will be resolved by YouTube at its sole discretion.