YouTube Contributors Program Rules
Thank you for your interest in the YouTube Contributors Program (the “Program”). By signing up to join the Program, you (“you”, a “participant” or a “YouTube Contributor”) agree to be bound by (1) the YouTube Terms of Service (including the YouTube Community Guidelines), (2) the YouTube Community Rules, and (3) the additional rules set forth below (together the "Rules"). You must comply with the Rules at all times when accessing, using, or participating in, the Program. Before you access, use or participate in, the Program, please read the documents comprising the Rules carefully and make sure you understand them. Please note, by participating in the YouTube Contributors program, you must comply with all the Program Rules.
In order to join the Program as a YouTube Contributor, you must:
- have a valid and active YouTube account with a valid YouTube channel (your YouTube account and associated YouTube channel must not be pending, suspended or inactive at the time of enrollment);
- be at least of the minimum age to access and use YouTube in your jurisdiction as stated in the YouTube Terms of Service, unless stated otherwise in additional terms applicable for a given Community;
- agree to and comply with the Agreement at all times; and
- have signed up to participate in the Program here.
Organizations, brands, and businesses are not eligible for the Program. If you offer service(s) for hire (such as marketing yourself as a YouTube captions provider), you agree to not solicit, for commercial purposes, any participants of the Program, or market or promote your service(s) including to participants of the Program or on any YouTube forums, communities, or events.
Participation in the Program by some participants may be restricted (e.g., no or limited perks), including persons who are government officials, including (i) government employees; (ii) candidates for public office; and (iii) employees of government-owned or government-controlled companies, public international organizations, and political parties.
B. POINTS ACCRUAL.
- Each YouTube Contributor who is in compliance with these Rules will be able to earn points for every qualifying contribution to YouTube (such as accurately flagging inappropriate content), that is verifiable and organic, and not gamed, improperly received or otherwise in violation of these Rules, including the YouTube Community Guidelines (each a “Qualifying Contribution”). We will determine each qualifying Contribution.
- Points you accrue let you move to higher levels, which makes you eligible for certain perks. More information is available to program participants in the community forum. Our point system and perks are subject to change at any time.
- Any abuse of the point system, the Program, or other violative behavior, may reduce the points accrued in your program account and/or restrict or prohibit any aspect of your participation in the Program.
C. GENERAL INFORMATION ABOUT PERKS.
- All perks are subject to availability. Certain perks are available only during the time periods described in the program communications (including the Program website).
- Perks you have accepted, used or redeemed are not refundable, exchangeable, replaceable, redeemable or transferable for cash, credit, other rewards or points under any circumstances.
- By accepting, using or redeeming perks, you release YouTube LLC and Google LLC, and their subsidiaries, affiliates and suppliers, from any and all liability regarding the acceptance, redemption or use of perks, or other participation in the Program.
- Google and YouTube are not responsible for replacing lost, stolen or mutilated perks, or re-inviting you to any event (if the perk was an invitation to an event) that you may have missed.
- We reserve the right to modify or cancel any perks at any time.
D. APPROPRIATE CONDUCT AND PARTICIPATION.
- You must comply with these Rules at all times. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree that when using Google products or services, you will not:
- defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (including the rights of privacy and publicity) of others;
- upload, post, email, transmit or otherwise make available any unlawful, inappropriate, defamatory or obscene content or message;
- impersonate another person or entity;
- transmit any viruses, worms, defects, Trojan horses, or any items of a destructive nature; or
- submit fake, falsified, misleading, or inappropriate contributions.
- If you are invited to any events in connection with your participation in the Program (each an “Event”), you agree to comply with any Event rules or regulations, as well as applicable law, while attending an Event.
- You must abide by Google's Anti-Harassment policy both as part of the Program and at Events. You will be held accountable for your own actions as well as the actions of any guests you invite to Events (if guests are permitted). You may be removed from any Event and the Program based on your actions or behavior as well as those of your guests.
- Your participation in the Program will be associated with only one (1) YouTube account. Your contributions to YouTube must originate from a single YouTube account to earn points and count towards perks. Points and perks cannot be transferred between YouTube accounts and/or Google accounts.
- Your contribution to YouTube is voluntary and your participation in the Program is voluntary. You must not at any time represent yourself in any way as a YouTube or Google employee or a representative of YouTube or Google, or any of their products or services. YouTube and Google are not, in any way, responsible or liable for your contribution to YouTube including for any errors, omissions, or for any loss or damage arising from your contribution.
- We do not endorse or sponsor any meetings between YouTube Contributors. As such, if you do organize or arrange to meet independently with other YouTube Contributors, you agree and acknowledge that YouTube and Google are not responsible for organizing, financing, supporting or otherwise facilitating your meetings. YouTube may, at its discretion, allow you to post details of a meeting on YouTube products or services, but such events must be clearly and prominently marked as not sponsored or endorsed by YouTube. YouTube is not, in any way, responsible or liable for any loss or damage arising from or suffered at any such meetings.
- YouTube may suspend or terminate your participation from the Program at any time, in its sole discretion.
- To be clear, violations of these rules, breaches of confidentiality, or any behavior not fitting the Program may result in YouTube taking action against you, including, but not limited to, removing you from the program, revoking access to specific benefits (tools, events) or ceasing communications with you.
E. CHANGES TO THE PROGRAM.
We reserve the right to make changes the Program, including changes to these Rules and Program eligibility, at any time. This means, for example, that we may change the point system, the metrics required to redeem rewards, impose caps on earning points and redeeming perks, and/or changing or canceling perks. In addition, we reserve the right to terminate the Program with one month prior notice. During the one-month notice period, we may change or cancel some or all of the then-current perks. YouTube and Google are not responsible for terminating the Program including for changing or canceling perks.
F. LEAVING THE PROGRAM.
- If for any reason we cancel your access to the Program, including because of a policy violation, strike out or at your request, any points accrued in your program account will be forfeited.
- If you cancel enrollment in the Program or delete the YouTube account or Google account that is enrolled in the Program, all points accrued in the program account will be deleted and any unlocked perk that is not yet redeemed, used, or accepted will be forfeited.
- If any of your YouTube account or Google account is not in good standing, your enrollment in the Program may be canceled or the points accrued in your program account forfeited.
- You are responsible for complying with all applicable laws, rules and regulations (including U.S. export control or trade laws), and all YouTube policies including these Rules. In addition, you are responsible for complying with all applicable tax laws and filing requirements in connection with the Program including for any perks if required. Do not access or use the Program in a manner that violates such laws, rules and regulations, or any YouTube policies or in a manner that is deceptive, unethical, false or misleading.
- Fraud, abuse or other violative behavior relating to the accrual of points or perks may result in forfeiture of accrued points and unlocked perks as well as cancellation of your program account, termination of your participation in the Program, and termination of any YouTube account or Google account.
- From time to time, we may elect to promote your membership in the Program
- You understand that we do not guarantee any confidentiality with respect to any contribution and content you submit or share in connection with the Program.
- Do not direct, encourage or allow any third party, site, bot or any other non-human participant initiated mechanisms for the accrual of points.
- If you’re a part of a network and you or your network is suspended or terminated by YouTube, your opportunity to earn points, unlock perks, or use unlocked perks, will also be suspended or terminated.
- We reserve the right to discontinue any aspect of the Program at any time, including terminating the Program.
- All questions or disputes regarding eligibility for the Program, eligibility of points for accrual, unlocking perks will be resolved by YouTube at its sole discretion.