Community posts allow you to interact even more with your favorite creators. You can now reply to creator polls, pictures, GIFs, and more on YouTube.
After a creator posts, you can respond by commenting, liking, and voting on polls. Community posts are available on the Community tab of the creator's channel, and they may also be on the Home feed and Subs feed. Community is still in beta and we're testing with different audiences.
Note: As creators get the Community tab, it will replace the Discussion tab. For 30 days after creators get the Community tab, you can edit any comments you made on the Discussion tab.
To edit your comments:
Note: Community posts are available only on iPhones, not iPads.
Sign in to the YouTube app to reply to Community posts, reply to Community polls, and manage Community post notifications.
Reply to Community posts
- Tap Comment on a Community post in the Home feed, Subs feed, or Community tab.
- Enter your response.
- Tap Send .
In addition to replying with text, you can also choose to reply by tapping Like or Dislike . Remember that your responses are associated with the account you're signed in to.
Reply to Community polls
- Go to a channel and select the "Community" tab.
- Tap on a poll. This feature is only available on select channels.
- Choose your response. You can also enter why you chose this option in the comment box under the poll.
- Tap Send .
In addition to voting on polls, you can also Like or Dislike them. Remember that your responses are associated with the account you're signed in to.
Manage Community post notifications
- Go to the channel for which you'd like to manage notifications.
- Tap Home to go to the Home tab.
- Next to the Subscribe button, tap the Notification bell . The bell will only show if you're subscribed to the channel.
- Select All , Personalized , or None .
- You'll get a confirmation message. To manage community post notifications, tap Options.
- Check or uncheck the box next to Include Community post notifications for the channel.
- Tap OK.
Manage Community posts in Subscription feed
You can choose to get posts and videos in your Subscription feed or just videos.
- Go to your Subscription feed.
- At the top of the screen, tap the Down arrow.
- Select if you want Videos and posts or Videos only.
You can also manage all channel notifications by tapping the Notification bell . Choose to get All , Personalized , or None .
Dismiss Community posts from Home
You can dismiss any Community post that shows on your Home feed by tapping More next to the post and selecting Not interested.