Engage with creators on Community posts
Community posts allow you and other users to engage even more with your favorite creators. You can now respond to creator polls, pictures, GIFs, and more on YouTube.
After a creator posts, you can respond by commenting, liking, and voting on polls. Community posts are available on the Community tab of the creator's channel, and you may see them on the Home feed and Subs feed. Community is still in beta and we are testing with different audiences.
Note: As creators get the Community tab, it will replace the Discussion tab. You can access or delete any comments you left on the Discussion tab for 30 days after creators receive the Community tab. Follow the instructions below.
Open the YouTube Android app and sign in to YouTube to respond to Community posts, respond to Community polls, and manage Community post notifications.
Respond to Community posts
- When you see a Community post in the Home feed, Subs feed, or Community tab, tap Comment . Learn how viewers can respond to your posts.
- Enter your response.
- Tap Send .
In addition to replying with text, you can also choose to respond by tapping Like or Dislike . Remember that your responses are associated with the account you're signed in to.
Respond to Community polls
- Go to a channel and select the "Community" tab.
- Tap on a poll. This feature is only available on select channels in beta and is not accepting new participants at this time. Learn how viewers can respond to your posts.
- Choose your response. You can also type in why you chose this option in the comment box under the poll.
- Tap send .
In addition to voting on polls, you can also like or Dislike them. Remember that your responses are associated with the account you're signed in to.
Manage Community post notifications
- Go to the channel for which you'd like to manage notifications.
- Tap Home to go to the Home tab.
- Next to the Subscribe button, tap the bell icon . You'll only see this icon if you're subscribed to the channel.
- A confirmation message will appear. To manage community post notifications, tap Options.
- Check or uncheck the box next to Include Community post notifications for the channel.
- Tap OK.
Manage Community posts in Subscription feed
You can choose to see posts and videos in your Subscription feed or just see videos.
- Go to your Subscription feed.
- Select the drop-down menu at the top of the screen.
- Select if you want to see Videos and posts or Videos only.
You can also manage all channel notifications by clicking the bell icon . Choose to receive None, Highlights (including Community posts), or All notifications.
Dismiss Community posts from Home
You can dismiss any Community post that shows on your Home feed by tapping Menu next to the post and selecting Not interested.