Your activity on YouTube influences the recommendations on your Home page. To improve the recommendations that show, you can start fresh by clearing your watch and search history.
Before you start
When you’re signed in to YouTube, your history settings will be the same across all devices that are signed in to this account. This means that your YouTube on TV settings will be the same as your YouTube settings on any other device. Your signed-in activity from any device will impact your recommendations.
When you’re not signed in to YouTube, your YouTube on TV settings and search history are unique to the device you’re using. Your recommendations may contain content that was watched on the device. This content may be viewable by anyone using the device in signed-out mode.
If your recommendations aren't relevant to your interests, you can clear your search and watch histories. You can view your watch history by selecting History in the left menu.
If you use your watch history to re-watch videos, you can add those videos to a playlist or "Watch Later" to find them again easily.
- In the left menu, click History .
- If you want to clear your entire watch history, click Clear all watch history on the right.
- If you want to clear an individual video, click Remove from Watch history next to the video.
Clear YouTube on TV search history
- Select Settings .
- Under “HISTORY & PRIVACY,” tap “Clear search history.”
- Tap CLEAR SEARCH HISTORY.