Turn comments on or off
If you aren't able to follow these instructions, you are likely using the old version of YouTube. If you're using a newer browser, update to the current version of YouTube.
Manage video settings
You can decide if you want to allow viewers to comment on specific videos.
- Sign in to YouTube on a computer.
- Go to Creator Studio > Video Manager.
- Select the box next to any of the videos you want to manage.
- At the top of the screen, click the Actions menu.
- Select More actions > Comments.
- Select or unselect Do not allow comments.
Comments are not available on private videos. If you want to allow comments on a video that's not publicly available, post an unlisted video instead.