Once you've turned on community contributions, let your viewers know that they can help with reviewing and translating videos. Here's how you can raise awareness:
- Share a link to a video: Let viewers know that you need help with a video and they'll be directed to the captions editor. Using the editor, they can add translations for one or more languages.
- Share a link to your channel: Send viewers directly to a list of all available translations for your channel. They can review tasks for their languages and decide what to contribute.
YouTube figures out a viewer's language profiles by looking at different factors, like their watch history.
Get links to share with contributors
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Videos.
- Click the video you’d like to edit.
- From the left menu, click Subtitles.
- Click the down arrow below “Community contributions”.
- Click On for this video.
- From the left menu, click Details.
- Copy and share the video link beneath the video with your viewers. Try adding them to the video description or your social media posts to get more contributors.