Multi-channel network (MCN) operations manual
Troubleshoot issues removing channels from MCNs
MCN is unable to remove the channel
If you have an issue removing a channel from your network, it may be because Fan Funding is enabled for the channel.
MCNs need to disable the Fan Funding feature on channels before they can be removed from the network:
- Sign into your YouTube content owner account.
- In the top right, select the account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, select Channels.
- Search for the channel you want to release and select it.
- Select settings .
- Select Fan Funding to disable the feature.
Channel is unable to re-monetize content
Channels that have previously signed YouTube Partner Program terms should continue monetizing automatically after release from the network. They can confirm their monetization status in their account features page.
If a channel re-enables their content for monetization after being released from an MCN network, the channel may be asked to submit additional documentation of commercial use rights before they can monetize the content again.
Channels can follow the guidelines for submitting documentation to claim rights for their content.