When a channel is linked to an MCN, the MCN content owner can claim videos and apply monetization policies for the channel.
You can change permissions at the channel level for your linked channels:
- Sign in to the content owner Google account.
- In the top right, click the Account icon > Creator Studio.
- In the left menu, click Channels > Overview.
- Select the channel(s) you want to change permissions for.
- At the top of the screen, click Permissions.
- Choose to enable or disable the settings listed:
- Monetize uploads (non-affiliate channels only*): Enabling this setting allows the owner of the linked channel to claim videos and apply usage policies to them.
- View revenue: Enabling this setting allows the owner of the linked channel to see the revenue generated for the channel on the Earnings Report in YouTube Analytics.
- Set match policy: Enabling this setting allows the owner of the linked channel to enable Content ID matches for the channel and specify the match policies.
*MCNs can not disable an affiliate creator’s permission to enable monetization on their videos, as affiliate channels are authorized to monetize eligible videos under the YouTube Partner Program terms.