Donate to a nonprofit on YouTube
YouTube Giving is a suite of features designed to help strengthen the way creators and fans engage in charitable giving on YouTube.
For now, these features are available to a small group of creators. You can donate to U.S.-registered 501(c)(3) nonprofits through participating creators’ videos and live streams with the “Donate” button and Live Chat Donations. Our aim is to expand these features to more creators in the coming months.
YouTube covers all transaction fees, so 100% of the money you raise goes to the eligible nonprofit. Keep in mind that voluntary donations to nonprofits are non-refundable. Learn more about our refund policy or read our donation FAQ.
How to donate
Some creators have “Donate” buttons displayed next to their videos or live streams. To donate to the nonprofit they are raising funds for, follow the steps below.
Go to the video with the “Donate” button on it, then:
- Select DONATE.
- Select the amount of money you want to donate CONTINUE.
- Choose your payment method.
- Click DONATE Done.
Neither the nonprofit nor the creator will see your contact information.
You'll get an email receipt after your payment has been processed. For each transaction, you'll see a line item on your credit card receipt that notes that you made a donation through "Network for Good" or "Charitable Giving."
Live Chat Donations
Super Chat for Good has been replaced by Live Chat Donations as the way to donate on live chat. When a creator is fundraising on a live stream with live chat, you’ll see the “Donate” button in the chat and fundraiser information next to the video.
- Select the donation button within a live chat. The live chat must be visible and mobile devices must be in portrait mode.
- Select a donation amount or select Other to type in a different value.
- Select I want my donation to be public to display your user name in the Live Chat. Otherwise, your donation amount will appear as “Anonymous.”
- Select DONATE.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to finish your donation.
No matter how you donate, you'll get an email receipt after your payment has been processed. For each transaction, you'll see a line item on your credit card receipt that notes that you made a donation through "Network for Good" or "Charitable Giving."
Tax information about your donation
Learn about tax information in the donation FAQ.