If you’re using the new AdWords experience, you won’t see a gear icon in your account. Instead, click the tool icon in the upper right corner. You'll find Billing & payments under the “Setup” header.
An amount of costs that, when reached, triggers you to be charged for those costs. This amount starts at a set amount which you can find in your account and will be automatically raised if your costs reach this amount in 30 days.
- A payment threshold applies to automatic payments only. With automatic payments, Google charges you for advertising costs either 30 days after your last automatic payment or whenever your account reaches your billing threshold, whichever happens first.
- When your account costs reach the threshold before 30 days have ended, your threshold is raised. This may happen several times until your account reaches a final threshold. Threshold amounts depend on your account, country, and currency.
- The amount you're charged may be slightly more than the threshold if your account accrues costs very quickly. You can be charged multiple times a month if your account reaches your billing threshold repeatedly over that time.
- If you'd like to be charged less frequently, you can make a manual payment that covers and exceeds your threshold amount.
- You won't be emailed or notified when your payment threshold increases, but you can always find your current threshold by going to your billing Summary page. To see what your current threshold is, click the gear icon and choose Billing & payments. You will land on the Summary page which shows how much costs have accrued since your last payment. Look for your threshold amount under the progress bar.