Channel memberships on the main YouTube site and app allow you to purchase public badges, emoji, and access to creator perks offered by the channel.
Memberships may be priced differently depending on your country, and the platform you use.
Join, change levels, or cancel a membership
Become a channel member
- Visit youtube.com or open the YouTube app.
- Go to the channel of, or a video uploaded by, the creator you'd like to support and see if they've enabled memberships on their channel.
- Click Join.
- Follow the prompts to enter your payment information.
- Click Buy.
You’ll see a welcome announcement once your transaction is complete.
Change your membership level
- Go to the channel homepage of the membership you want to change and click See perks.
- Select the level you want to join Change level.
- Select Upgrade.
- You’ll immediately get access to the upgraded level upon purchase.
- Pricing note: You’ll only be charged the difference in price in levels, at an adjusted price for the days remaining in your then-current billing cycle.
- Example: If you’re paying $4.99 and you upgrade to the $9.99 level with half a month left until your next payment, you’ll be charged ($9.99-$4.99) X (0.5)= $2.50 for the remainder of the month.
- Your monthly billing date will not change due to a level upgrade.
- Go to the channel homepage of the membership you want to change and click See perks.
- Select the level you want to join Change level.
Billing and access details for downgrades
- Your monthly billing date will not change due to a level downgrade.
- You’ll get access to your original level until your next billing date.
- You’ll be charged the new lower price at your next billing date.
- You’ll retain any accumulated loyalty reflected in your badge if offered by the creator.
You’ll retain any accumulated loyalty reflected in your badge if offered by the creator.
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Go to youtube.com/paid_memberships.
- Find the channel membership you'd like to cancel and click Manage membership.
- Select DEACTIVATE.
- Select END MEMBERSHIP.
- You'll see a cancellation confirmation screen.
If you're having trouble cancelling your membership, learn more here.
- Watching a live stream or Premiere on a channel with Gifting turned on
- A channel member on the channel you want to gift to other viewers
- If you’re a Creator, you must be the channel owner to gift memberships to your viewers
If gift memberships are available for the channel, you can buy a gift membership during a live stream or Premiere:
- Use a computer to sign in to YouTube.
- Go to the eligible channel you want to buy gift memberships on.
- Join the channel’s live stream or Premiere.
- Within the Live chat, click .
- Click Membership gifting .
- Select the number of viewers you want to gift memberships. You can choose 5, 10, or 20 gifts.
- Complete the transaction.
Gift memberships are offered at the closest highest price level available up to and including $5.
Once you buy gift memberships, a countdown ticker will highlight your purchase in live chat for a limited amount of time. The amount of time depends on your purchase amount. The creator may end the live chat or live stream before your gift is announced, but it will still be distributed.
Note: The number of gifted memberships, your channel name, and your profile picture are visible to the public. This info may also be available to the channel through our YouTube Data API Service and the channel may share this info with third-party services. Your gift membership purchase is considered fulfilled once YouTube distributes the first gift to a viewer.
Viewers must opt-in to be eligible for gift memberships. Once you have opted-in, you are now eligible to receive gift memberships on any channel with gifting enabled that you have interacted with recently (for example, by watching a video on that channel). When you receive a gift, it will be automatically applied to your account, giving you access to special perks like badges and custom emojis.
If you previously opted-in for a specific channel only, you are still eligible to receive gifts on that channel. You will still need to opt-in globally to be eligible to receive gifts on other channels.
To opt in for gift memberships, you must be signed in with a YouTube channel that isn’t a Brand Account. Check if you’re on a Brand Account. Right now, channel members aren’t eligible to get gift memberships.
Opt in for gift memberships
There are many ways to opt in for gifts, including, but not limited to:
- In live chat
- On a video's watch page
- On the channel page
- Using a creator's unique opt-in URL (link to channel page with /allow_gifts at the end).
Opt in through live chat
- Go to an eligible channel’s live stream or Premiere.
- Within the Live chat:
- Select ALLOW GIFTS, or
- Select the pinned Membership gifting .
- Confirm you’d like to opt in by turning on the “Allow gifts” switch
Opt in through a channel or watch page:
- Go to an eligible channel's page or the watch page of a video.
- Click JOIN More ”Gift Settings.”
- Confirm you’d like to opt in by turning on the “Allow gifts” switch.
To opt-out of allowing gifts, open “Gift Settings” by clicking JOIN on any channel or watch page with memberships enabled and toggle “Allow gifts” off. You will no longer be eligible to receive gifts on any channel.
Get a gift membership
When a channel member or Creator buys gift memberships, it’s announced in the live chat. If you’ve been selected to get a 1-month membership, a notification will surface in the live chat and we’ll send you an email notification.
Gift memberships are non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash value. All gift memberships give up to 1 month of access to channel membership perks and expire thereafter.
To view your membership benefits and access perks:
- Select the ‘Memberships’ tab on the channel you have become a member of, OR
- Select SEE PERKS on any video page of that channel.
Gift memberships are non-recurring and you will not be charged after it ends. If you wish to end your gift membership early, contact support. You will lose access to the gift membership benefits.
Payment and billing information
New and existing members
When you have an active paid membership, you’ll automatically be charged at the start of each monthly billing cycle.
When you cancel a paid channel membership, you will not be charged again unless you reactivate it. You’ll continue to receive membership perks until the end of that billing period.
You can reactivate your membership at any time. If you reactivate during the same billing cycle as you canceled,you will not be charged until that current billing cycle ends.
Update your payment info
Recurring charges in India
How paused channel memberships impact your payments
“Paused mode” explained
Sometimes, channel memberships are put in “paused mode.” This may happen if a channel changes MCNs, sets their channel as made for kids, or is unable to monetize. When “paused mode” happens, it means the channel cannot monetize with memberships -- this is often a temporary state. If a channel is in “paused mode” it means they cannot deliver perks and other benefits.
If you’re an active paid member of a channel in “paused mode,” your monthly recurring payment, billing cycle, and access to memberships will also be paused.
If you signed up for a channel membership on iOS or Android, your monthly recurring payments may be canceled if the channel is in paused mode after your billing period ends. If this happens, you will be notified that your membership has been canceled and you will be able to join again if/when the channel’s membership is unpaused.
Memberships can remain paused on a channel for a maximum of 120 days; after that point, memberships and members’ monthly recurring payments will be canceled.
How terminated channel memberships impact your payment
Channel membership refunds
Channel membership revenue share with creators
Use and manage your memberships benefits
Channel membership benefits for all members
- Members-only community posts: You can view members-only posts on the channel’s Community tab. Exclusive content is tagged as “Members-only”and includes text posts, GIFs, polls, videos, and more.
- Member Recognition Shelf: If the Creator has this shelf turned on, then your avatar may be featured with other active members on the channel’s page. This shelf is the Creator’s way of publicly thanking you for being a member of their channel. If you cancel your membership, you’re no longer featured on the shelf.
- Member Milestone Chats: For each month you remain a member (starting from your 2nd consecutive month) you get one Member Milestone Chat. Member Milestone Chats are special highlighted messages that can be used in live chat on live streams or Premieres. These special messages highlight how long you’ve been a member of this channel in total and are visible to all viewers.
- Channel Badges: An exclusive public-facing membership badge that shows up next to your channel name in all comments and live chats that you make on that channel.
- On some channels, the badge will reflect how long you've been a member, through different colored default badges or custom badges.
- Members-only videos: Exclusive videos only available for channel members at the right levels to watch. Anyone can find a members-only video, but only members at the right levels can watch it. These videos can be found on the channel’s Memberships, Content, and Community tabs. These videos may also surface in a member’s Home and Subscriptions feed.
- New Member Message: If you become a channel member during a live stream on that channel, a bright green “New Member” message will be sent in live chat. Your profile picture is also pinned at the top of chat for 5 minutes.
- Members-only live chat: During public live streams, creators may make the chat members-only. While everyone can still view the live stream, only members can post chats.
- Custom Emoji: If uploaded by the creator, channel members can use exclusive emoji in comments on the channel’s videos and live chats. You will use the family name assigned by the creator to autocomplete emoji in live chat.
- Other creator perks: If offered by the channel, you may also get access to other exclusive creator perks.
Note: "Slow mode" - which limits how often you can comment in live chat - does not apply to active paid channel members.
Creator Perks for different levels
What do I get for each level and how do I join?
This varies from channel to channel. You can see the different perks when you click Join.
I’m already a member, so how do I see the different perks available?
Go to the channel homepage which you’ve already joined select See perks.
Turn channel membership notifications on or off
As a channel member, you can find members-only content in the Community tab, Membership tab, or the channel’s Content tabs. You may also notice members-only videos surface in your Home and Subscriptions feed. We’ll also use notifications or email to tell you when a channel:
- Creates a new members-only post
- Uploads a new members-only video
- Starts a members-only live stream
- Schedules a members-only live stream that will begin in 30 minutes
You can also opt out of getting notifications and emails for members-only content.
Turn off notifications
If you don't want to know about new members-only content, you can:
- Opt out of notifications and emails for individual channels that you're a member of.
- To opt out of notifications for members-only content: Go to Settings Notifications Turn off the switch next to Members only.
- To opt out of emails for members-only content: Use the Unsubscribe link in any members-only email you get. If you’d like to resubscribe to email notifications, go to Settings Notifications Under “Email notifications” select “Unsubscribed emails” and choose which emails you’d like to get.
- Opt out of all notifications for an individual channel:
- Go to a channel that you’re subscribed to Notifications None . This will turn off all notifications for this channel, not just members-only content.
- Turn off all notifications on your account.
View exclusive content in the community tab
Report inappropriate perks
Visible membership status
- Your channel URL
- The name of your YouTube channel
- Your profile picture
- When you joined the channel as a member
- The level you're a member of
How your information may be used
- All members have a visible badge that shows up next to your channel name in comments and chat.
- If you become a channel member during a live stream on that channel, a bright green “New Member” message will be sent in live chat and your profile picture will be pinned at the top of live chat for 5 minutes, which shows your channel name when hovered upon.
- Some channels may add your info above to a list of “thank yous” in their videos or your info may be added to the channel's recognition shelf.
- Some channels may share your info above to give a service (for example, member-only access to a chatroom hosted by a 3rd-party company).
Check & remove 3rd party site or app access
Remove 3rd-party site or app access
- Go to your Google Account.
- On the left navigation panel, select Security.
- On the Third-party apps with account access panel, select Manage third-party access.
- Select the site or app you want to remove.
- Select Remove Access.
Report a 3rd-party site or app
Follow these steps if you believe a site or app is misusing your data, like creating spam, impersonating you, or using your data in harmful ways.
- Go to the Apps with access to your account section of your Google Account. You might need to sign in.
- Select the app you want to report Report this app.
Learn more about account access for 3rd-party sites and apps.