You can add translated video titles and descriptions to your videos so that your fans can find your videos in their own language. Translating your videos makes them more accessible to viewers from outside your home country/region and helps you build a global audience.
Use the tools below to have your video's title and description shown in the right language to the right users. If you use YouTube's Content Manager to manage claimed content, you can upload a CSV file to localise video titles and descriptions.
Translate titles and descriptions
- Sign in to YouTube Studio.
- From the left menu, select Subtitles.
- Select a video.
- If you haven't selected the language for a video, you'll be asked to choose the language and Confirm.
- Select Add language and select the language that you'd like to translate to.
- Under 'Title & description', select Add.
- Enter the translated title and description and select Publish.