Live stream your phone’s screen
You can live stream your mobile device screen directly from the YT app without any extra hardware making it easy to stream mobile gameplay.
- You need to be eligible for mobile livestreaming.
- To live stream your mobile device screen, your device must be running Android version 6.0 or later.
Start live streaming your screen
- At the top of the YouTube app, tap Capture .
- Tap GO LIVE.
- Tap ALLOW ACCESS. This lets YouTube use your camera, mic, and location.
- In the dialog that opens, tap Allow to let YouTube use your location.
- Tap Create Channel.
- At the top right of the screen, tap the phone icon to stream your phone’s screen.
- Create a title, then select a privacy setting and game title.
- Optional: select More options.
- Select Next to set your thumbnail and screen orientation.
- Tap Next to finish setup.
- A toolbar will show up at the top of your screen, allowing you to control the stream.
- Hit GO LIVE button to start. A 3 second countdown animation will show before your stream starts.
- “You are live” will stick for 3 seconds before fading off screen.
Control or end your live stream
To show the toolbar, tap the picture-in-picture view of your front-facing camera. You can use this toolbar throughout the stream to:
- Pause the stream
- Mute your microphone or front-facing camera
- Change the size of your camera picture-in-picture
- Open live chat
- Stop the live stream
Was this helpful?
How can we improve it?