Archive live streams
YouTube can automatically archive your live stream for you. However, we recommend also recording a local archive as a backup. How the archive is created depends on whether you use Stream now or Events. You'll be able to create highlight clips while your stream is still live.
|Stream now||12 hours|
|Any stream at 1440p or 2160p (4k)||4 hours|
*If the stream exceeds archive length, it may not be captured at all.
- Visit youtube.com/live_dashboard.
- Select Stream options.
- Check the box for "Make archive unlisted when complete."
- Visit youtube.com/my_live_events.
- Select New live event or Edit.
- Click Advanced settings.
- Check the box for "Automatically make archive unlisted once the stream has ended."
After your mobile live stream ends, you can edit privacy settings—including setting it to private—or delete the archive on the "My videos" page.