Archive live streams
YouTube can automatically archive your live stream for you if it's less than 12 hours. This applies to all types of live streams - including: Stream now, Events, Webcam, and Mobile. This also applies to streams of 1440p and 2160p (4K) video resolution. However, we recommend also recording a local archive as a backup. You'll be able to create highlight clips while your stream is still live.
Note that if your stream exceeds 12 hours, it may not be captured at all.
- Visit youtube.com/live_dashboard.
- Select Stream options.
- Check the box for "Make archive unlisted when complete."
- Visit youtube.com/my_live_events.
- Select New live event or Edit.
- Click Advanced settings.
- Check the box for "Automatically make archive unlisted once the stream has ended."
After your mobile live stream ends, you can edit privacy settings—including setting it to private—or delete the archive on the "My videos" page.