You can watch VR180 and 360-degree videos for an immersive virtual reality experience with Cardboard and the YouTube mobile app.
- Assemble Google Cardboard.
- Open the YouTube app.
- Search for a VR video or go to the YouTube Virtual Reality house channel by searching for 'Virtual Reality'. Look for this icon to find the right channel .
- Select a VR video.
- To start playback, tap the play button.
- Tap the Cardboard icon . The screen will split into two smaller screens.
- Insert your phone into Cardboard.
- Look around to view the video in VR180 or 360 degrees.
Learn more about watching 360-degree/180-degree content.
To use Cardboard with iPhone and iPad devices, you'll need to have iOS 9 or higher.