Watch VR180 and 360 degree videos with Cardboard
With Cardboard and the YouTube mobile app, you can watch VR180 and 360 degree videos for an immersive virtual reality experience.
- Assemble Google Cardboard.
- Open the YouTube app.
- Search for a VR video or go to the YouTube Virtual Reality house channel by searching for "Virtual Reality." Look for this icon to find the right channel .
- Select a VR video.
- Tap the play button to start playback.
- Tap the Cardboard icon . The screen split will split into two smaller screens.
- Insert your phone into Cardboard.
- Look around to view the video in VR180 or 360 degrees.
To use Cardboard with iOS devices, you'll need to have iOS 9 or higher.
Note: VR180 and 360 degree video playback is currently not supported on mobile browsers, including web views for applications and sites outside of YouTube.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?