Watch 360 degree videos in Cardboard
Note: For mobile devices, 360 videos can only be viewed on the YouTube app. They cannot be viewed on mobile browsers, including web views for applications and sites outside of YouTube.
Google Cardboard lets you experience virtual reality in a simple and fun way. With Cardboard and the YouTube mobile app, you can even watch 360 degree videos for an immersive experience.
- Get Google Cardboard and assemble it
- Open the YouTube app
- Go to the 360Video house channel by searching for "#360Video" and visiting the channel. You'll know it's the right one if it has this avatar:
- Pick a video on the channel, and start playback
- Tap the cardboard icon . You'll notice that the screen splits into two smaller screens
- Insert your phone into Cardboard
- Look around to view the video in 360 degrees
To use Cardboard with iOS devices, you'll need to have iOS 9.