How to become YouTube Certified
Step 1: See if you're eligible
In order to be eligible to become YouTube Certified, you must:
- Be in the YouTube Partner Programme or be a Google advertising partner and have a corporate domain on record with YouTube Certified. To verify this, you can check with your YouTube or Google point of contact.
- Be in ongoing compliance with all YouTube policies, including the YouTube Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.
Step 2: Apply to the YouTube Certified programme
If you meet the eligibility requirements, follow these application instructions:
- Review the course descriptions to determine which certification you want to apply for.
- Fill in the certification course registration form. Make sure that you apply with your corporate email address.
- You'll get an email from System@litmos.com with your sign-in information.
- Go to the YouTube Certified site and sign in using the course link in the email.
Step 3: Review learning materials and complete the exam
Once you've been accepted to YouTube Certified, you have 90 days to review the learning materials and take the exam. Here's how to do it:
- Review and complete the self-paced course materials for your certification track on the Creator Academy.
- Take the exam in Litmos. You have up to 2 hours to take the exam (you may pause and resume the exam) and 2 attempts to pass the test.
- You must score 75% or higher to pass. You'll receive an email with your badge and certificate when you pass the exam.
Step 1: See if your company is eligible
To be company certified, your organisation must be a managed partner in good standing. This means that 75% of YouTube-focused employees* must have passed any one of the four certifications.
If your organisation does not meet the 75% threshold, you can encourage individuals to enrich their skills by becoming YouTube Certified as individuals by following the steps above.
Step 2: Reach out to your partner manager
Once you have determined that your company meets the criteria in step 1, ask your partner manager to start the application process on your company's behalf. If you don't have a partner manager, your company is not eligible for company certification.
Once accepted, company certification is valid for 18 months from the date of issue. This will give you access to the YouTube Certified company badge and inclusion in the Creator Services Directory.