Share animated GIFs of YouTube videos
YouTube animated GIFs are short (up to 6 seconds), looping snippets of eligible YouTube videos that anyone can create and share.
Videos not eligible for GIFs
You can't make an animated GIF for videos if:
- The video is age-gated.
- The video is private.
- The video includes third-party visual or audiovisual content.
- The video’s uploader has disabled GIF sharing for the video.
Create animated GIFs
- Go to the YouTube video you want to use to create a GIF.
- Click Share.
- Select GIF as your sharing option and choose a segment you want to make into a GIF. You'll see a preview of the GIF.
- Add text to the top and bottom of the image, if you want.
- Click Create GIF.
You can share the GIF using the direct link or by embedding it in a website.
Manage GIF settings for your videos
You can enable or disable GIFs on a video-by-video basis.
- Sign in to your YouTube account.
- Go to your channel’s Creator Studio > Video Manager.
- For the video you want to manage, click Edit.
- Click the Advanced Settings tab.
- Under "Distribution Options," check or uncheck the box to Allow content reuse.
- Click Save changes.