Watch YouTube on Apple TV
The YouTube app is available in the App Store for Apple TV (4th and 5th generations). This version of the YouTube app makes it easier to find popular content across YouTube on topics like comedy, gaming, and news. It also includes new features like video previews.
Sign in to YouTube on Apple TV
If you’re using the YouTube app on Apple TV (3rd, 4th, and 5th generation), use the directions below to sign in with your Google Account.
Sign in with your mobile device
- Make sure your mobile device is on the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.
- Sign in to the YouTube app on your phone.
- Go to the Sign in screen in the YouTube app on your TV.
- The YouTube app on your TV will automatically search for your mobile device. Once they're paired, you'll get a notification on your mobile screen that says Tap to begin TV sign in. Tap the profile picture .
- Tap Continue as <Your name>.
- On the "Allow Account Access" screen, tap Allow.
- You'll get a notification that says "You are signing in to your TV". Then, you'll get a notification that says "You're now signed in to the TV."
Sign in on your TV
Step 1: Find the activation code and sign in
- Go to the Sign in screen in the YouTube app and stay on this screen until you've completed the remaining steps.
- On your computer or mobile device, visit youtube.com/activate.
- Sign in when you're asked to. If you have more than one Google Account, please select the account you use with YouTube. If you're already signed in, skip to the steps below.
Step 2: Select your channel
After signing in, you may see a list of Google identities associated with your YouTube channel.
Step 3: Complete the activation process
- Once you've selected an account, enter the activation code shown in the YouTube app on your TV.
- Click Allow access and wait for the confirmation screen in the app.
Learn more about Google Identities on YouTube.
Support options for YouTube on Apple TV
|Device||YouTube app||Support options|
|Apple TV (1st and 2nd generation)||For technical support, please contact your device manufacturer|
|Apple TV (3rd generation)||To report a technical issue, please fill out our feedback form or visit our support forum.|
|Apple TV (4th and 5th generation)||To report a technical issue, please fill out our feedback form or visit our support forum.|