Apple TV (3rd and 4th generation) now has a new version of the YouTube app developed by the YouTube team. The new version of the YouTube app unlocks content that was previously unavailable on the older version of the app and makes it easier to find what's popular on YouTube.
Sign in to YouTube on Apple TV
If you’re using the YouTube app on Apple TV (3rd generation), you can follow the directions below to sign in with your Google account.
Sign in with your mobile device
- Make sure your mobile device is on the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.
- Sign in to the YouTube app on your phone.
- Go to the Sign in screen in the YouTube app on your TV.
- The YouTube app on your TV will automatically search for your mobile device. Once they are paired, you will see a notification on your mobile screen that says Tap to begin TV sign in. Tap the account icon .
- Tap Continue as <Your name>.
- On the "Allow Account Access" screen, tap Allow.
- A notification on your mobile screen will let you know that "You are signing in to your TV," then that "You're now signed in to the TV."
Sign in on your TV
Step 1: Find the activation code and sign in
- Navigate to the Sign in screen in the YouTube app and stay on this screen until you've completed the remaining steps.
- Visit youtube.com/activate on your computer or mobile device.
- Sign in when prompted. If you have multiple Google accounts, please select the account you use with YouTube. If you're already signed in, skip to the steps below.
Step 2: Select your channel
After signing in, you may be presented with a list of Google identities associated with your account. This list includes:
- Your account's personal identity. If you have a Google+ profile, it's your name; otherwise, it's your email address.
- Any Google+ pages managed by your account. These will show up whether or not they are linked to a YouTube channel. Be sure to select a Google+ page that is linked to a YouTube channel. If you select a Google+ page that doesn't have a YouTube channel, you won't be able to sign in.
Step 3: Complete the activation process
- Once you've selected an account, enter the activation code shown in the YouTube app on your TV.
- Click Allow access and wait for the confirmation screen in the app.
Learn more about Google Identities on YouTube.
Support options for YouTube on Apple TV
Please note that the YouTube app on 1st and 2nd generation Apple TV devices is a 3rd-party app and isn't supported by YouTube.
|Device||YouTube App||Support options|
|Apple TV (1st and 2nd generation)||For technical support, please contact your device manufacturer|
|Apple TV (3rd and 4th generation)||To report a technical issue, please fill out our feedback form or visit our support forum.|