The YouTube app is available in the App Store for Apple TV (4th and 5th generations). This version of the YouTube app makes it easier to find popular content across YouTube on topics like comedy, gaming, and news. It also includes new features like video previews.
Sign in to YouTube on Apple TV
If you’re using the YouTube app on Apple TV (3rd, 4th, and 5th generation), use the directions below to sign in with your Google Account.
Sign in with your mobile device
- Make sure your mobile device is on the same Wi-Fi network as your TV.
- Select Sign in with your mobile device.
- Open the YouTube app on your phone.
- Follow the instructions to sign in to your TV.
Sign in directly on your TV
- Select Sign in on your TV.
- Use the keyboard to enter your email/phone for your Google account.
- Click Next.
- Verify your account.
Sign in with a web browser
- Select Sign in with a web browser.
- On a phone, tablet, or computer, open a browser and go to youtube.com/activate.
- Enter the code shown on your TV.
- Sign in with your Google account.
Support options for YouTube on Apple TV
|Device||YouTube app||Support options|
|Apple TV (1st and 2nd generation)||For technical support, please contact your device manufacturer|
|Apple TV (3rd generation)||To report a technical issue, please fill out our feedback form or visit our support forum.|
|Apple TV (4th and 5th generation)||To report a technical issue, please fill out our feedback form or visit our support forum.|