There are two ways to start a live stream:
- Select this option under Advanced Settings when you're setting up your event
- When ingestion starts from your encoding software, an auto-start event will go live and start sending data to your viewers.
Note: Autostart events don’t autostop if you're having ingestion issues. Remember to stop your live stream when you're done.
- When the event has ended, click Stop Streaming.
- You can't restart your event once you've stopped it.
- Start your encoder.
- Click Preview to check the stream from the encoder. Allow 1 minute to start the transcoding process.
You can't return to preview state after you've started.
You have two options to start your stream
|Option 1||Option 2|
|Start immediately by unchecking the "Sync to preview player" box and clicking Start Streaming. This option removes the preview player.||Start Streaming with the "Sync to preview player" box checked. Start the Preview Player then click Start Streaming.|
- Click Start Streaming to start the event after you're done testing.
- Monitor the event from the Live Control Room.
- You can insert Mid-roll ads and YouTube Slates.
- Use Broadcast Alerts as-needed before and during the event to notify viewers of delays.
When the event has ended, click Stop Streaming.
You can't restart your event once you've stopped it.