View & organize comments
View comments on videos
To view comments on a video, just scroll down the video's page. Replies are threaded to make it easy to follow conversations. All comments on YouTube are public and anyone can reply to a comment that you post.
Change what comments show first
On the web, you can change how comments show under a video. Just use the drop-down menu to choose Top comments or Newest comments:
- Top comments first: Show comments in a ranked view that highlights comments such as those from the video creator, comments generating discussion from the viewers, and comments that have been voted up by the community.
- Newest comments first: Show the most recent comments at the top.
Click on the timestamp to create a 'Highlighted Comment' link. This will isolate your comment thread and provide a shareable link in the address bar.
View your Comment History
You can view public comments you’ve left across YouTube.
- Go to History.
- At the top of the page, click Comments on videos history.
- To go to the original place you posted your comment, click or tap the content.
You can also edit or delete one of these comments.
- Next to the comment, click or tap More .
- Select Edit or Delete.
Please note that if you commented on a video that has been deleted, or if your comment was removed by YouTube for a policy violation, it will not appear in this history.
You can click or tap a comment's timestamp to create a highlighted comment link. This will give you a shareable link in the address bar for that specific comment and its thread.