Send & receive messages
As of July 9, 2018, the ability to send, receive, or read private messages in Creator Studio is no longer available. We made this change because this feature was not widely used, and will allow us to focus on the features and tools that matter most to you. All private messages have therefore been deleted from Creator Studio and anywhere else on YouTube.
Business Inquiry Emails
You can still receive and send email messages to fellow users on the platform using Business Inquiry Emails (visible on Desktop only) when provided by the channel owner on the “About” tab of their channel.
To add a Business Inquiry Email to your channel:
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Select your Account icon .
- Go to "My Channel."
- Select "Customize Channel."
- Select the About tab.
- Under "Details," add an email address "For business inquiries."
To email someone using the Business Inquiry Email:
- Go to the YouTube Channel you want to email.
- Select the About tab of their channel.
- If a Business Inquiry Email is provided, select “View Email Address”. If you don’t see a Business Inquiry Email, that means that the channel owner didn’t provide one.
- Use the email to send a message to the channel.
You’re also able to connect to friends on YouTube using Messages. Learn how to add and message friends on YouTube.
For inquiries related to Copyright and right management, see the help center topic here.