Send & receive private messages
As of July 9, 2018, you will no longer be able to send, receive, or read private messages in Creator Studio. We’re making this change because this feature was not widely used, and will allow us to focus on the features and tools that matter most to you. All private messages will be deleted and disappear from Creator Studio on July 9, 2018.
Business Inquiry Emails
You will still be able to receive and send email messages to fellow users on the platform using Business Inquiry Emails (visible on Desktop only) when provided by the channel owner on the “About” tab of their channel.
To add a Business Inquiry Email to your channel:
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Select your Account icon .
- Go to "My Channel."
- Select "Customize Channel."
- Select the About tab.
- Under "Details," add an email address "For business inquiries."
To email someone using the Business Inquiry Email:
- Go to the YouTube Channel you want to email.
- Select the About tab of their channel.
- If a Business Inquiry Email is provided, select “View Email Address”. If you don’t see a Business Inquiry Email, that means that the channel owner didn’t provide one.
- Use the email to send a message to the channel.
You’re also able to connect to friends on YouTube using YouTube Contacts. Learn how to add and message YouTube contacts.
For inquiries related to Copyright and right management, see the help center topic here.
You can send and receive private messages from members of the YouTube community, but you need to confirm your name on YouTube first. This is because the messages system displays your name and photo next to your message.
Send private messages
- Go to the channel of the person you want to contact. You can do this by clicking their channel name underneath one of their videos.
- Click the About tab.
- Click Send message or .
- Type in your private message and click Send.
Read private messages
To read private messages that you've received on YouTube, go to your Messages page. You can get there by clicking your account icon in the top right > Creator Studio. In the left menu under "Community," click Messages.