As of 9 July 2018, the ability to send, receive or read private messages in Creator Studio is no longer available. We've made this change because this feature was not widely used, and this will allow us to focus on the features and tools that matter most to you. All private messages have therefore been deleted from Creator Studio and anywhere else on YouTube.
Business Enquiry Emails
You can still receive and send email messages to fellow users on the platform using Business Enquiry Emails (visible on Desktop only) when provided by the channel owner on the 'About' tab of their channel.
To add a Business Enquiry Email to your channel:
- Sign in to YouTube.
- Select your profile picture Your channel.
- Select Customise channel.
- Select the About tab.
- Under 'Details', add an email address 'For business enquiries'.
To email someone using the Business Enquiry Email:
- Go to the YouTube Channel that you want to email.
- Select the About tab of their channel.
- If a Business Enquiry Email is provided, select 'View Email Address'. If you don't see a Business Enquiry Email, it means that the channel owner hasn't provided one.
- Use the email to send a message to the channel.
You're also able to connect to friends on YouTube using Messages. Learn how to add and message friends on YouTube.
For enquiries related to Copyright and rights management, see the help centre topic here.