Start watching a video on youtube.com.
Under the video, click Share .
- A panel will appear, presenting different sharing options:
- Message on YouTube: Select the YouTube friend(s) that you'd like to send the video to. A private conversation is created where the recipient(s) can view and discuss the video. Click Messages in the top right-hand corner of the page to find the private chat. You can watch the shared videos and chat at the same time.
- Social networks: Click on a social network icon (for example, Facebook, Twitter) to share the video there.
- Email: Choose the email icon to send an email using the default email software on your computer.
- Embed: Click the Embed button to generate a code THAT you can use to embed the video in a website.
- Copy the link: Click the Copy button to copy a link to the video that you can paste somewhere else, like in an email message.
- Start at: To link to a specific part of the video, tick this box and enter the start time before you copy the link. For example, to start the video at 2 minutes and 30 seconds, tick the box and enter '2:30'.
- Community post: If you have access to the Community tab, you can share a video in a public post.
- Go to the Channel page.
- In the browser address bar, copy the URL.
- Paste the URL wherever you want to share it.
If you're a creator and you want to create a custom channel URL for your subscribers to easily share, add your YouTube channel name to the YouTube URL.