Share videos and channels
Start watching a video on youtube.com.
Under the video, click Share .
- A panel will appear, presenting different sharing options:
- Message on YouTube: Select the YouTube friend(s) that you'd like to send the video to. A private conversation is created where the recipient(s) can view and discuss the video. Click on the Messagesicon on the top right of the page to find the private chat. You can watch the shared videos and chat at the same time.
- Social networks: Click on a social network icon (e.g. Facebook, Twitter) to share the video there.
- Email: Choose the email icon at the right of the social network row to send an email using the default email software on your computer.
- Embed: Click the Embed button to generate a code that you can use to embed the video in a website.
- Copy the link: Click the Copy button to copy a link to the video that you can paste somewhere else, like in an email message.
- Start at: To link to a specific part of the video, tick this box and enter the start time before you copy the link. For example, to start the video at 2 minutes and 30 seconds, tick the box and enter '2:30'.
- Community post: You can share a channel in a public post.
- Go to the Channel page.
- In the browser address bar, copy the URL.
- Paste the URL wherever you want to share it.
If you're a creator and you want to create a custom channel URL for your subscribers to easily share, add your YouTube channel name to the YouTube URL.
Was this article helpful?
How can we improve it?